CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
SLCPD responds to domestic violence call, ends in safe surrender
Dec 26, 2022, 6:42 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 12:23 pm
(Photo credit: Salt Lake City Police Department)
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department captain and his son who is a full-time officer responded to a domestic violence call near 800 South West Temple.
The investigation started at 9:10 a.m. on December 26 after SLCPD Officer Jeremy Dimond and Captain Derek Dimond were dispatched to investigate an aggravated assault.
After the assault, the victim left the apartment with minor injuries and refused medical treatment, said SLCPD in a release.
The suspect, 36-year-old Louis Christensen, remained inside and would not comply with the officer or captain. Therefore, additional patrol officers responded.
Once on the scene, officers formed a tactical plan to get Christensen to surrender.
A search warrant was obtained for the home and a knife was recovered.
“This case is being investigated as a domestic violence incident as the victim and suspect are known to each other and live together,” said the release.
If you or someone you know are experiencing trouble linked to domestic violence, the following resources are available to you.
Utah Domestic Violence LINKLine
If LINKLine advocates are experiencing an increased call volume, calls will be forwarded to the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
StrongHearts Native Helpline
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows