CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
WVC Police arrest one person following road rage, shooting incident
Dec 30, 2022, 7:00 PM
(Kristin Murphy/Deseret News)
WEST VALLEY CITY — West Valley City Police say a suspect is in custody following a shooting that stemmed from a road rage incident.
Jason Vincent, of the West Valley City Police Department, told KSL NewsRadio that the incident occurred in the area of 380 W. 3000 South at 3:42 p.m. No injuries were reported as a result of the shooting.
Vincent says the shooter spit on the other vehicle when confronted by the other driver. Vincent says this occurred as the two were going into a store.
The suspect has been booked into jail, according to Vincent. Additionally, Vincent says the firearm and drugs were recovered from the scene.
- Shooting in Taylorsville believed to be botched drug deal or robbery, not road rage
- Riverton man charged with murder in road rage incident
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Adult filmmakers ask judge to delay Utah law requiring porn sites verify user ages
- Some rivers exit flood stage as spring runoff draws closer to an end
- Record Utah winter makes up for years-long water shortfall
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield