THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH
U of U police searching for suspects after forceable entry
Jan 3, 2023, 11:56 AM | Updated: Jan 4, 2023, 9:55 am
(Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — On Tuesday, University of Utah police notified students and staff that they were searching for a suspect after a forcible entry at the 900 Court of the University Student Apartments.
In a tweet, the school police said the suspect is still at large.
U of U ALERT: Police are searching for suspects in a forcible entry at the University Student Apartments. Suspects are still at large. More info: https://t.co/xk8jHdVQQM
— University of Utah Safety (@UofUSafety) January 3, 2023
The UofU Department of Public Safety said the break-in happened Tuesday at around 6:30 a.m.
The suspect reportedly fled after seeing someone in the unit.
The suspect is a white male, six feet tall, between the ages of 20 and 30. Police said there is a possible second suspect, believed to be a woman.
Anybody with information is asked to contact University Police at 801-585-2677.
This story will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Utah County Sheriff arrests driver accused in road rage deaths
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Former Gov. Herbert on field of 2024 GOP presidential candidates
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Four Republicans on board to run for Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Lawmaker says Bible ban didn’t follow the law he helped create