January construction to watch out for on the upcoming West Davis Hwy
DAVIS COUNTY, Utah — As 2023 ramps up, so will construction on the unfinished West Davis Highway.
According to a press release from the Utah Department of Transportation, the upcoming roadway will be a 16-mile, 4-lane divided highway. It will be located in western Davis County between Farmington and West Point. This UDOT map offers a visual representation of the completed project.
Construction will impact drivers in areas of Centerville, Farmington, Kaysville, Layton, Syracuse, and West Point.
West Davis construction on NB I-15
The press release states crews will be working on northbound I-15 through the end of January. They will be working at night to reduce travel impacts on I-15.
Construction of the highway will include trucks hauling excavated material from I-15 on public roads to West Davis between 1525 West and 950 North.
The construction schedule depends on equipment availability, material, as well as utility- and potential weather delays.
UDOT asks the public to be aware of an increased amount of light and noise while construction takes place.
Construction on Legacy Parkway
Along with NB I-15, southbound Legacy Parkway will also see some road construction, according to the press release.
Starting on Jan. 20, the roadway will close at 10 p.m. and will reopen on Jan. 23 at 5 a.m.
During this time, crews will place girders on the bridge connecting northbound I-15 with Legacy Parkway.
Southbound Legacy Parkway will close again on Jan. 27 at 10 p.m. and reopen on Jan. 30 at 5 a.m.
While the roadway is closed, construction crews will facilitate girder placement.
While both of these closures take place, southbound traffic will be detoured to SR-225 onto I-15.
What to expect in February 2023
Later in February, crews will begin work on northbound Legacy Parkway.
The roadway will close on Feb. 3 at 10 p.m. and reopen on Feb. 6 at 4 a.m.
During this time crews will work to facilitate girder placement. This closure will be dependent on weather delays, according to the press release.
Drivers heading this way are encouraged to use I-15 from North Salt Lake. If traffic continues northbound onto Legacy Parkway, the press release says, drivers will be detoured at 500 S. in Woods Cross or at Parrish Lane in Centerville.
More information on the construction of West Davis is available from UDOT.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden