CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Salt Lake City Police urge caution after driver hits two kids in a crosswalk
Jan 13, 2023, 11:37 AM | Updated: Mar 28, 2023, 5:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police said a driver hit two children in a crosswalk near 1700 South 700 East early Friday morning.
The accident occurred when a truck traveling eastbound on 1700 South turned northbound on 700 East and struck the two children crossing on 1700 South.
The Salt Lake City Fire Department treated the children for non-life-threatening injuries on the scene.
A release from SLCPD said the driver is fully cooperating with the investigation.
We are reminding community members to stay alert near school zones after a truck hit two school-aged children while in a crosswalk.
For more information, please read our press release:https://t.co/W2nz2Z1ERs#SaltLakeCity #SLC #SLCPD pic.twitter.com/01Zr3mOklt
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 13, 2023
The SLCPD wants to remind community members to stay alert near school zones.
They ask drivers to remember that when flashers are blinking, drivers must stop and yield to pedestrians. And as a reminder, police ask that drivers always stop for crossing guards.
No additional information will be released due to the age of the victims.
Related reading: Man fatally dragged by TRAX near City Creek
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Boats returning to the Great Salt Lake Marina
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Boppy Newborn Lounger pillow blamed in more infant deaths
- Multiple leads being followed up on after motorcyclist shot at passenger car, victim is stable