One dead, two injured in Tooele after car crashes into business
TOOELE, Utah — One person is dead and two others are injured after a car crashed into a business in Tooele.
Tooele Police Department Corporal Colbey Bentley said the crash happened around 11:30 a.m. at Ensign Engineering, located at 169 North Main Street.
KSL TV’s Derek Petersen said that the person who died was identified as a woman who was an employee of the business.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) January 16, 2023
The victim was inside the business at the time of the crash.
Bentley said a second employee, as well as the driver of the car involved, were also injured.
Bentley said Tooele Police believe the crash was the result of either a medical incident or a DUI, but are still investigating.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- UTA board looks at FrontRunner expansion in Utah County
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors