Snow College softball player dies in car accident
FOUNTAIN GREEN, Utah — Snow College announced the death of one of its students on Monday. The college said sophomore Paige Rydalch died in a car crash Monday morning.
According to the college, staff reported Rydalch reported missing on Monday when she failed to show up to practice.
The college later learned that Rydalch had died in a two-car crash on S.R. 132.
“This has shocked and saddened our softball family. We know Paige, and we love her. She was a dedicated player who always put in the extra mile. She made others feel loved and had a work ethic like no other,” said Snow College Vice President for External Affairs Rob Nielson in the college’s announcement.
Rydalch was an infielder on Snow College’s softball team.
Rydalch’s page on the team’s roster said she had lived in Stockton, Utah her whole life. In her bio, Rydalch said she enjoyed “riding horses, chasing cows, camping and fishing.”
Snow College said Rydalch’s team, the Badgers, would dedicate the rest of their season to her.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor causes significant delays
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Utah resolution proposing Friday designation for Halloween celebrations advances