EDUCATION + SCHOOLS
Snow College softball player dies in car accident
Jan 16, 2023, 6:20 PM | Updated: Jan 17, 2023, 1:14 pm
FOUNTAIN GREEN, Utah — Snow College announced the death of one of its students on Monday. The college said sophomore Paige Rydalch died in a car crash Monday morning.
According to the college, staff reported Rydalch reported missing on Monday when she failed to show up to practice.
The college later learned that Rydalch had died in a two-car crash on S.R. 132.
“This has shocked and saddened our softball family. We know Paige, and we love her. She was a dedicated player who always put in the extra mile. She made others feel loved and had a work ethic like no other,” said Snow College Vice President for External Affairs Rob Nielson in the college’s announcement.
Rydalch was an infielder on Snow College’s softball team.
Rydalch’s page on the team’s roster said she had lived in Stockton, Utah her whole life. In her bio, Rydalch said she enjoyed “riding horses, chasing cows, camping and fishing.”
Snow College said Rydalch’s team, the Badgers, would dedicate the rest of their season to her.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield
- Citing rising rivers, Sandy Mayor issues emergency declaration
- Public comment period approved for quarry in Parley’s Canyon
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Source: Congressman Chris Stewart will resign, special election dates not known