CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Road rage incident on I-15 results in three-vehicle crash
Jan 19, 2023, 6:12 PM | Updated: Jan 20, 2023, 9:33 am
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol investigated a road rage incident on southbound I-15 Thursday afternoon that resulted in a three-vehicle crash.
Sgt. Cam Roden, with the UHP, said a Mitsubishi Lancer and a Ford F-450 were driving recklessly and cutting each other off near 8400 South. The driver of the pickup lost control, hit the barrier and bounced back into traffic. As it bounced back into traffic, the truck hit a Ford F-150 that was pulling a utility trailer.
The utility trailer rolled and blocked traffic.
Roden says originally the crash was blocking the right three lanes. However, they moved it over, and later it blocked the left two lanes.
There were no injuries in the incident. Roden says both drivers involved in the road rage incident were being questioned by police.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Church announces sites for three previously announced temples