Road rage incident on I-15 results in three-vehicle crash
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Highway Patrol investigated a road rage incident on southbound I-15 Thursday afternoon that resulted in a three-vehicle crash.
Sgt. Cam Roden, with the UHP, said a Mitsubishi Lancer and a Ford F-450 were driving recklessly and cutting each other off near 8400 South. The driver of the pickup lost control, hit the barrier and bounced back into traffic. As it bounced back into traffic, the truck hit a Ford F-150 that was pulling a utility trailer.
The utility trailer rolled and blocked traffic.
Roden says originally the crash was blocking the right three lanes. However, they moved it over, and later it blocked the left two lanes.
There were no injuries in the incident. Roden says both drivers involved in the road rage incident were being questioned by police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- Speeches, silence, during Pro-Life Utah memorial at the Capitol