CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Three teenagers arrested after drive-by shooting
Jan 22, 2023, 12:28 PM
(Photo courtesy of SLCPD)
SALT LAKE CITY – At around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, police witnessed a drive-by shooting take place near 500 North Pamela Way.
Police say a green Nissan Maxima came into the neighborhood and occupants of the vehicle fired multiple rounds. The shooting did not injure anybody.
The officers turned on their lights and sirens in an attempt to stop the Nissan, but the driver took off. Police, having witnessed the shooting, pursued the vehicle.
The driver later crashed into a car near 900 North Sir Michael Drive. Officers took all four people from the Nissan safely into custody.
Paramedics took the front seat passenger, 14-year-old female, to the hospital after it was revealed that she was pregnant. Her involvement, and whether any criminal charges will be filed, remains under investigation.
“Because of their actions, these teenagers put our officers, community and themselves in significant danger,” said Police Chief Mike Brown. “It is both tragic and alarming to see this level of conflict resolution unfold in our community. Salt Lake City is not immune to the gun violence plaguing our country, but our officers are doing everything they can to safely short-circuit that violence and to hold people accountable.”
The three other occupants were two 16-year-old males and one 15-year-old male. One of the 16-year-old’s was in possession of a firearm. Another firearm was found inside the vehicle.
Both of the 16-year-old male’s were booked into the Salt Lake Valley Juvenile Detention Center on multiple charges.
- Police looking for suspect in West Valley drive-by shooting
- One man wounded in Salt Lake drive-by shooting
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- New Great Salt Lake commissioner says he hopes Utah avoids ‘Great Salt Lake fatigue’
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- Hydrologist optimistic about Salt Lake County runoff picture as thunderstorm threat looms
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- How To Plan a Business Retreat in Bear Lake This Spring
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- U.S. Department of Labor is suing the Chinatown Supermarket in Salt Lake
- Years before the attack on Pearl Harbor, Japan sank a US warship in China
- Utah historian uncovers artifacts from 1983 floods