EDUCATION + SCHOOLS
Freezing weather causes delayed start for Cache County School District schools
CACHE COUNTY, Utah — Schools in the Cache County School District are on a two-hour delayed start on Tuesday, Jan. 31, due to weather conditions.
Due to winter conditions, all CCSD schools will have a two-hour late start tomorrow, January 31st. Check our website for more details. https://t.co/R7F7vMbbsg pic.twitter.com/nV58Vm2CzQ
— Cache County School District (@CacheDistrict) January 31, 2023
This comes after the National Weather Service issued a wind chill warning in Cache valley.
The cold airmass that brought frigid temperatures today sticks around through tomorrow morning bringing more dangerously cold temperatures/wind chills to a larger portion of the state. #utwx pic.twitter.com/tMfbbixxLy
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) January 30, 2023
According to the NWS, temperatures in Cache Valley could fall to as low as minus 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
The school district says all schools will begin exactly two hours later than their usual start times. Along with this, students should be at bus stops two hours later than usual.
There will be no a.m. preschool or kindergarten, according to the district. Additionally, it says BTECH buses will not run during the morning of Jan. 31. Students who take these buses will face no penalty for being absent in the morning.
The district encourages parents to take appropriate actions to respond to the cold weather.
Additionally, Utah State University offices at the Logan, Brigham City and Tremonton campuses will open at 10 a.m. Tuesday classes at USU are canceled.
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- What to pack in your car to stay safe during severe winter weather
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues