CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
SLCPD investigating two separate shootings from same night, one fatal
SALT LAKE CITY – The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating two shootings from Saturday night, one of which was fatal. Officers say there is no information to indicate the shootings are connected.
Ivy Circle Shooting
A 17-year-old male is dead after a shooting at around 8:20 p.m. near 1600 West Ivy Circle Saturday.
According to SLCPD, the department is seeking the public’s help locating a 14-year-old suspect who is accused of shooting and killing the victim.
When police arrived on the scene, they found the teenager with a critical gunshot wound. Following this, the Salt Lake City Fire Department and responding officers performed life-saving aid.
The teen was eventually transported by ambulance to an area hospital, where he later died. His name is not being released at this time.
Police secured the site of the shooting, talking to witnesses, and searching for any evidence.
According to a press release, officers searched the surrounding area for the juvenile but were unable to locate him.
Detectives believe this is an isolated incident.
SLCPD says the suspect should be considered armed and dangerous.
Police haven’t said what led to the deadly confrontation.
Contact SLCPD with information about this case at 801-799-3000 and reference case number 23-30287.
No further information on this case is being released at this time.
The second shooting took place at around 9:00 p.m. near 1400 West Pacific Avenue.
Police located a man with a gunshot wound to the leg upon arrival. Responding officers applied a tourniquet to the victim.
The man was transported via ambulance with a non-life-threatening injury.
Officers worked with detectives to determine the events leading up to the shooting. They secured the area, located witnesses, and searched for the suspects and any evidence at the scene.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder
- Nashville school shooter had drawn maps, done surveillance
- Lake effect snow causes school delays, remote learning in northern Utah
- Man suing Gwyneth Paltrow for $300,000+ to testify in Utah ski crash trial
- One person trapped following avalanche in Pole Canyon
- Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
- Monday morning commute could be affected by additional inches of snow
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Sandy Police officer involved in fatal shooting