Murray High School placed on brief lockdown, police give all-clear
Feb 14, 2023, 3:59 PM | Updated: 4:41 pm
(Scott G Winterton, Deseret News)
MURRAY, Utah — Murray High School had a brief lockdown Tuesday afternoon.
According to the Murray City Police, the lockdown happened after school had already ended.
The school received a call around 3 p.m. about a fight on campus with possible weapons being spotted.
Police locked the school down, investigated and found that the school was clear. Officials then lifted the lockdown order.
Scheduled basketball games between East High and Murray High was postponed as a result of the lockdown.
New Story: Basketball @ Murray Postponed https://t.co/MEPBSY9PW3
— East High School (@EastHighSLC) February 14, 2023
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Why a Trump indictment would have huge political and national implications
- Bruce Willis’ wife Emma Heming marks his birthday with moving message about grief
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- UDOT truck veers into Big Cottonwood Canyon canal, no water contamination suspected
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints says it plans more Great Salt Lake, water…
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Suspect dead, officer injured after shootout in Springville
- TSA digital ID process lets travelers use app to get through security