CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
North Dakota man charged in connection to disappearance of Dylan Rounds
LUCIN, Utah — A 59-year-old North Dakota man has been charged with first-degree murder in connection to the disappearance of Dylan Rounds, who has been missing since May 2022.
James Brenner, of Bismarck, was officially charged Friday with murder in First District Court in Brigham City. He was also charged with desecration of a human body, which is a third-degree felony.
Rounds was last seen near Lucin, Utah on roughly May 28, 2022. It is a small town on the border with Nevada.
At the time of his disappearance, Rounds’ family in eastern Idaho told East Idaho News of encounter between the young man and a man on a gravel road. The family says the man flagged Rounds down and asked if he could borrow a phone and get a ride.
Rounds refused to provide the man with a ride, according to the family.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Deer Valley yurt explosion, four sent to hospital
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Utah AG claims ESG or ‘climate investing’ contributed to SVB collapse
- Bus driver to be honored for saving woman from dog attack
- False threat near the TRAX Daybreak Parkway Station