Family escapes overnight house fire in small Box Elder County town
DEWEYVILLE, Utah — When officials arrived at the scene of a housefire in Deweyville in the overnight hours of March 7, they said the home was fully engulfed in flames.
But the better news is that the residents, a father and his two teenage sons, were able to escape the fire with no injury.
According to a post on the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, multiple agencies responded to the fire. These include the Box Elder County Sheriff’s office, as well as the Fielding, Tremonton, and Corinne City Fire Departments.
Box Elder County officials said they believe the fire originated around the fireplace, either in a chimney or a nearby space heater.
The home, valued at $300,000, is reportedly a total loss.
Other reading: Elizabeth Smart: 20 years later
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- 3 children, 3 adults fatally shot at Nashville grade school
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Lake effect snow causes school delays, remote learning in northern Utah
- Fatal car accident in Box Elder
- Man suing Gwyneth Paltrow for $300,000+ to testify in Utah ski crash trial
- Monday morning commute could be affected by additional inches of snow
- Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
- Sandy Police officer involved in fatal shooting
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Where to get your free sandbags to help mitigate flooding