OUTDOORS + RECREATION
Two people suffer minor injuries in helicopter crash at Strawberry Reservoir
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — The Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office says two occupants involved in a helicopter crash Saturday near Strawberry Reservoir suffered only minor injuries. The occupants were treated at the scene and release.
According to a news release on the Sheriff’s Office Facebook page, emergency personnel were notified of a helicopter crash Saturday morning around 11:15 a.m. The crash occurred near the marina, according to the news release.
Through the Investigaton, it was determined that the pilot was trying to make a low pass over the snow-covered lake and became disoriented by the glare of the snow. The helicopter tumbled several yards across the lake.
The two individuals inside the helicopter were able to extract themselves and exit the aircraft.
The helicopter was a total loss.
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- No injuries after a Blackhawk helicopter crashed at Mineral Basin near Snowbird
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Deer Valley yurt explosion, four sent to hospital
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Utah AG claims ESG or ‘climate investing’ contributed to SVB collapse