CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
SLCPD officer graduates from FBI National Academy
Mar 24, 2023, 9:00 PM | Updated: 9:06 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Lt. Jenn Diederich, of the Salt Lake City Police Department, graduated from the 285th session of the FBI National Academy.
The graduation ceremony for the 285th session was held March 16 in Quantico, Virginia. According to a SLCPD news release, less than one percent of police officers have the opportunity to participate in the program.
“I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to attend the Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy, Session 285,” Diederich said in a news release. “The professional experience was incredibly valuable for my career and what I will bring back to the Salt Lake City Police Department. The personal experience was priceless because I now have 246 new law enforcement brothers and sisters throughout the world to network with and further improve on the noble tradition of law enforcement.”
Training at the FBI National Academy
The National Academy provides 10 weeks of advanced communication, fitness training and leadership. Typically, officers who attend the academy have 21 years of experience. And they usually return to their agency to serve in executive level positions.
The most recent graduating class was made up of 247 law enforcement personnel from 47 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, the graduating class also consisted of law enforcement agencies from 28 countries, five civilian organizations and four military agencies.
“We are very proud of Lt. Diederich’s commitment to police leadership,” said SLCPD Chief Mike Brown in a news release. “This important training provides strategic guidance. And empowers future leaders in law enforcement to confidently and effectively manage and navigate the complexities of policing in today’s modern world.”
- Salt Lake City Police to host gun buy-back event on Saturday
- 19 police recruits graduate from Salt Lake City Police Academy
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful