CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Overnight shooting in West Jordan leaves one suspect dead
Apr 22, 2023, 11:04 AM
(Photo Credit: Steve Griffin, Deseret News)
WEST JORDAN, Utah — Around 1 a.m. Saturday morning, West Jordan Police Department received a call about suspicious behavior at 3248 Jordan Line Parkway.
Deputy Chief Richard Bell with the WJPD said the caller believed an individual was breaking into cars at the location.
Upon officer’s arrival, they made contact with an individual they believed to be the suspect.
Chief Bell said at some point during contact with the suspect gunfire was exchanged and the suspect died as a result. Furthermore, one officer was injured.
The suspect was declared dead on the scene after officers and medical personnel provided life-saving measures.
The injured officer was transported to a local hospital and is expected to fully recover.
- Fatal officer-involved shooting in South Salt Lake was justified, DA’s office says
- Man arrested after allegedly shooting two people with a BB gun, made threats with knife
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield
- Public comment period approved for quarry in Parley’s Canyon
- Citing rising rivers, Sandy Mayor issues emergency declaration
- Source: Congressman Chris Stewart will resign, special election dates not known
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Warning signs posted after kneeboarder seen on swift runoff
- Debt-ceiling deal would require people work longer for SNAP benefits