NB Legacy Parkway closing this weekend for West Davis Highway bridge work
May 5, 2023, 1:00 PM
(Photo credit: Scott G Winterton/Deseret News 2022)
FARMINGTON, Utah— If you drive north on Legacy Parkway between Farmington and Centerville, you’re going to have to use I-15 or another alternate route this weekend.
The northbound side of Legacy will close Friday at 10 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m. while UDOT places bridge beams that’ll connect the West Davis Highway to southbound I-15.
“It’s really incredible to see the progress that we’re making,” said UDOT Spokesperson John Gleason.
If you drive through Farmington on I-15, you’ve probably seen all the big green bridge beams lock in place over I-15 and Legacy Parkway over the past several weeks. Those beams will become the flyover ramp to go north on the West Davis Highway.
When it comes to connecting the future highway to southbound I-15 starting this weekend, Gleason said, “it’s a big milestone…you can see what a massive bridge this is.”
The years-long project will create a 16-mile highway that’ll connect Farmington to West Point.
Not only will the long-awaited highway completely change the game for people living in Western Davis County, Gleason said it’ll help relieve some of the frequent congestion drivers run into on I-15 between Farmington and Layton.
“Taking some of the those vehicles off of I-15…that’s the goal here,” Gleason said.
According to UDOT’s West Davis website, the project is 70% done. Gleason said they are shooting to have the highway completed by summer 2024.
“It’s… one of our biggest projects…and we can see the finish line,” Gleason said.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful