Mother’s Day activities this weekend in Utah
May 12, 2023, 2:26 PM | Updated: May 13, 2023, 10:57 am
(Scott G. Winterton/Deseret News)
SALT LAKE CITY — As Mother’s Day approaches, many people scramble to find the perfect gift or activity to show appreciation for the person who raised them. Fortunately, plenty of options are available this weekend in the Beehive state.
There are plenty of options for those who want to give a physical gift.
- Flowers are always a classic choice.
- DIY something for your mom, like a frame or card.
- A work of art, whether it’s a painting, pottery, or a photographic print.
- A luxurious spa set.
- Take her out for brunch. Restaurants and hotels from Salt Lake City, to Farmington, to Park City.
Mother’s Day falls during a weekend full of activities across the state. For those who want to do something special with their moms or moms wanting to do something special with their kids, there’s plenty to choose from.
- The Utah Renaissance Festival starts this weekend in Marriott-Slaterville City.
- The Urban Bird Festival takes place in Salt Lake City on Saturday.
- Or for an understated route, consider taking a cooking or painting class together.
- Moms wanting to spend time with their little ones get free admission on Sunday at Discovery Gateway.
- And for moms with grown-up children (over 21), enjoy a paint night together at Squatters Pub in Salt Lake City on Sunday.
If you’re on a budget, don’t worry, there are still plenty of ways to make your mom feel loved and appreciated.
- You can make a relaxing breakfast in bed.
- Go on a scenic hike or bike ride.
- Spend the day together watching movies and enjoying each other’s company.
Whatever you decide to do, Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity to express your gratitude and appreciation for all the love and support your mom has given you throughout the years.
Related: Managing stress as a new parent.