CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Police: Teen killed by father in murder-suicide in SLC office building
May 15, 2023, 11:44 AM
(Salt Lake City Police Department)
SALT LAKE CITY — Following “an extensive investigation,” Salt Lake City police say a 49-year-old man killed his 16-year-old son in an office building over the weekend before dying by suicide.
Police responded to the office complex near 3000 S. Highland Drive on Saturday after emergency responders received a call from a community member who reported finding a body.
“Salt Lake City Fire and Gold Cross arrived on scene and found two people dead,” police said in a statement, adding they secured the building and checked for additional victims. Officers also conducted a welfare check at the residence of the murder suspect, identified as Parth Gandhi.
Police said they worked with the Salt Lake City School District “to ensure students, staff and members of the school community received resources.”
No further details were released to respect the family and their privacy.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Winners announced of SLC Ballpark Next Design competition
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Church announces site of Charlotte North Carolina Temple
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart