CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Teenager dies after decorative post falls on her in West Bountiful
May 23, 2023, 9:34 PM | Updated: May 24, 2023, 7:05 am
WEST BOUNTIFUL, Utah — A 16-year-old female died Tuesday afternoon after a decorative post tipped over and crushed her, according to West Bountiful police.
The incident happened in the area of the 800 West block of Heritage Point Lane just after 1:30 p.m.
Police say the victim was visiting with friends at the time of the accident. The victim was transported to Lakeview Hospital. However, the victim passed away a short time later.
Police say no foul play is suspected. Rather, police say it was a “very, very tragic accident.”
The Viewmont High School administration issued the following statement:
“Our hearts are heavy following the sudden death of one of our students. The student was celebrating the end of school with friends and classmates when the tragic accident occurred.“We are deeply saddened for family, friends, classmates, and staff members who are affected by this untimely loss.”
The Davis School District says their crisis response team will be available today for students and staff who may be struggling. Classes will not be held.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- May’s warm temperatures break record in Salt Lake City
- Number of spring thunderstorms considered normal for Utah
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- Ballpark Next competition ends, ‘She Plays Here’ design among the winners
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart