CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Car leaves roadway in North Ogden, crashes onto residential property
May 26, 2023, 7:30 PM | Updated: 7:40 pm
NORTH OGDEN, Utah — North Ogden Police are trying to determine why a vehicle crashed through a small wall onto a residential property Friday afternoon.
Sgt. Jason Child, with the North Ogden Police Department, says a compact silver car was traveling westbound on 2600 North when it left the roadway around 2:20 p.m.
According to Child, the vehicle went over a curb, through a chain-link fence, a small field and another chain-link fence. The vehicle then crossed 100 East, going through a sound wall. The vehicle finally came to a rest against a house.
Police say there was no damage to the residential property. The driver, a 38-year-old female, was transported to the hospital as a precaution.
The incident briefly closed 100 East between 2600 North and 2650 North. The road has since been reopened.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Man killed in West Valley City after stolen car crashes into home
- Suffering a medical condition, driver crashes into Kearns home
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Church announces site of Charlotte North Carolina Temple
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Adult filmmakers ask judge to delay Utah law requiring porn sites verify user ages
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Winners announced of SLC Ballpark Next Design competition
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield