How to find the best winter lodging in Bear Lake, Utah
Jan 9, 2024, 6:31 AM | Updated: 10:30 am
This article about affordable ski resorts near Bear Lake is sponsored by the Bear Lake Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Bear Lake is a popular summer destination but also a great place to visit in the winter. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains, the region has stunning views of pristine waters and high alpine wilderness. There are also plenty of activities to enjoy in the winter in Bear Lake, including skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, or fishing.
Winter lodging can be trickier to come by in Bear Lake. If you are planning a winter trip to Bear Lake, the best places to stay are close to open restaurants and nearby amenities. Many accommodations offer stunning lake views and easy access to hiking and other winter activities. And make sure to book your lodging early if you are planning a trip over a holiday weekend!
Bear Lake has a range of hotels, bed and breakfasts, vacation homes, cabins, corporate lodging, campgrounds, and RV spots. Find all the different lodging options at Visit Bear Lake’s website or call the Bear Lake Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau at 435-946-2197.
Top-rated winter lodging in Bear Lake
Here are some of the top-rated places to stay in Bear Lake during the winter:
- Bear Lake Lodge: This historic lodge is located on the shores of Bear Lake and offers stunning views of the lake and the mountains. The lodge has a variety of amenities and activities nearby.
- Water’s Edge Resort: your lodging sits just footsteps from the pristine waters of Bear Lake in Garden City, Utah. Find dining all year long in Cody’s Gastro Garage for all your staples.
- Bear Lake Cabins: Beautiful luxury cabins are open year-round and feature a bathroom, extra sink, mini fridge, and microwave.
If you are looking for a more affordable option, there are several hotels and motels in Garden City. These accommodations are close to Bear Lake and offer easy access to the ski slopes and other winter activities.
What to do in the winter in Bear Lake
Here are some of the best things to do in Bear Lake, whether you are traveling during Martin Luther King Day weekend, President’s Day weekend, or any other holiday this winter:
- Skiing and snowboarding: Bear Lake is close to some excellent ski resorts, including the Pine Creek and Beaver Mountain Resort.
- Snowshoeing: There are plenty of trails to explore in the Bear Lake area, including the Bear Lake Nordic Ski Area or in Logan Canyon.
- Ice fishing: Anglers come from miles around to enjoy the various fishing opportunities found in the Bear Lake Valley. Bear Lake is a great place to go ice fishing.
Conclusion: Finding winter lodging in Bear Lake doesn’t have to be hard
Embarking on a winter adventure in Bear Lake, Utah, requires careful consideration and planning, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. You can ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay in this picturesque winter wonderland by booking early, planning activities, checking for business hours, and seeking special winter packages. With these tips in mind, get ready to create lasting memories against the backdrop of Bear Lake’s snow-covered splendor.
This is a sponsored article brought to you by KSL News Radio in conjunction with the advertiser. The advertiser paid a fee to promote this article and may have influenced or authored the content. The views expressed in this article are those of the advertiser and do not necessarily reflect those of KSL News Radio, its parent company, or its staff.