Juvenile recovering after Syracuse shooting
Jan 21, 2024, 9:55 AM | Updated: 10:34 am
SYRACUSE, Utah — A juvenile male is in stable condition following a shooting in Syracuse Saturday.
According to a statement from Syracuse Police, the shooting occurred in the area of 1175 S. 1950 W. At the time a party was taking place at this location.
Upon the officer’s arrival at the scene, they found the juvenile male with a gunshot wound in his leg. He was transported to an area hospital, where he remains in stable condition.
Police said initial investigation suggests that an altercation between several juveniles had occurred and led to the shooting. According to police, several shots were fired and individuals fled the party.
Police believe this is an isolated incident and there is no threat to the public at this time.
- UPDATE: Missing teen found in West Valley City
- West Jordan officers were justified in killing gunman who injured officer, DA says
- 1 injured in downtown Salt Lake City shooting
- One injured in shooting at Fashion Place Mall
- Police say 17-year-old killed a sixth grader and wounded five in Iowa school shooting