Park City moving forward with later HS start time
PARK CITY — The Park City school board is moving forward with a two-bell schedule as they work on getting the high school to start later in the morning by fall 2018.
The feedback was that people wanted high school to start later, at 8:30 am, but they didn’t like the 3 bell schedule proposal. So it’s now a two-bell schedule, where some elementary schools would also start later.
Park City school district business administrator Todd Hauber says it’s not easy to just make it happen.
“It takes a community effort to find the right solution for changing the start time,” he said.
Hauber says they’ll have to look at traffic patterns on the main roads into park city, and pay for more buses and more bus drivers before this change can take place.
Read more about it here: http://www.boarddocs.com/ut/pcsd/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=AMWSE872421D
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires