Police search for violent, possible serial bank robbery suspect
(TAYLORSVILLE) – Police are looking for a man who fired a shot as he entered a credit union this morning. Unified Police Lt. Brian Lohrke said the man demanded everyone get down on the floor, then demanded money.
“Very lucky no injuries on this,” Lorhke said. “Very shaken tellers and customers inside the store.”
The robbery happened at about 10:30 Friday morning, at the Trans-west Credit Union Branch at 6189 South Redwood Road. Lohrke said the robber fled from the bank and got into a silver van, possibly a Ford Transit.
“We had a robbery the other day in Midvale with a suspect of a similar description”, Lohrke said. “We’re still trying to confirm if it’s the same suspect or not. But all indications, based on the violent mannerisms, it’s looking like it is pretty similar”, he said.
Anyone with information is urged to contact police.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man