Don Brinkerhoff began his broadcasting career in 1994 in Cedar City, where he was hired to schedule the station’s commercials and run the board for station broadcasts. It didn’t take long before he was writing newscasts and reporting on everything from the Police Beat to City Council meetings. In 1997, Don was recruited to Salt Lake to serve as an Assistant News Director, Reporter, and Afternoon News Anchor for a new radio news/talk station.
When the company decided to close their Newsroom in 2000, Don came to KSL and began working as the Overnight Editor. Being the only ‘live’ body in the Newsroom Overnight means Don gets to do it all. He operates the control board, keeping the station’s programming on the air. He edits the news scripts for use during “Utah’s Morning News with Tim and Amanda.” And he gets to cover any stories that break overnight.
In 2018 Don was asked to be the Operations Team Lead in addition to his overnight responsibilities; taking over supervision of KSL’s Board Operators; taking responsibility for the station’s Holiday Programming, and execution of BYU Sports Broadcasts.
Don is a Martial Arts instructor, and has earned a 7th Degree Black Belt in the Kamagong Martial Arts system. In 2004, he was inducted into the Filipino Martial Arts Hall of Fame as Instructor of the Year. In 2001, the Excel Karate League declared Don the Judge of the Year. He may be best known for his Superman fanaticism. He’s read Superman comic books and collected Superman memorabilia since he was a little kid, and most people wonder if he’s ever grown up.
Don and his wife Alayna have been married for nearly 27 years and have five children and one grandchild.
Contact Don at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Today’s Top Stories
- Skier dies after crashing into snowbank at Brighton
- Newly discovered COVID variant is ‘red flag’ but US needs to learn more, Fauci says
- Dow drops 800 points at open as new COVID-19 variant emerges
- Stocks sink on new COVID variant; Dow loses 905 points
- Renders released for Provo and Smithfield temples
- Here’s why your ticket price out of SLC seems so high right now
- Skier life-flighted out of Brighton Ski Resort in critical condition
- Planning on fasting? BYU study shows a workout can jump start success
- Woman believed to be oldest in world dies at 124
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song