Alexandra Weston, South Jordan Elementary
“Miss Weston is a living angel to us. On Monday, January 10th 2022 just one day after we found out our son, James, had cancer I called the school to let them know that James wouldn’t be coming to school for a while. The secretary forwarded the phone to Miss Weston and we both cried together as I told her James had cancer. That day she sent cards from the whole class to the hospital that we hung all over his room. Then she helped James through the district home and hospital program and came to our house every Friday afternoon for months, to help James stay on track with his school work. Thanks to her James was able to excel this year and receive his Rocky Ram award in May. It was his first day back in school since January. She also organized a “hats off to summer” day for the third grade so James could wear a hat and not feel embarrassed about his hair loss. We love you Miss Weston.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder
- Nashville school shooter had drawn maps, done surveillance
- Lake effect snow causes school delays, remote learning in northern Utah
- Man suing Gwyneth Paltrow for $300,000+ to testify in Utah ski crash trial
- Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
- Monday morning commute could be affected by additional inches of snow
- Sandy Police officer involved in fatal shooting
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- What vital signs will show us that the Great Salt Lake is improving?