Amy Reidford – Syracuse Arts Academy
Mrs. Reidford is the most qualified teacher for your teacher feature because she still cares. What do I mean by this? She cares for the students learning, she cares about them personally. She is an example to the children and demonstrates extreme patience.
Examples of what an incredible teacher of education she is: She takes the time to work with those who are struggling with concepts to catch them up. She is in constant contact with the parents of her students and if there is one struggling she will always take the time to make extra action plans to best develop that child’s area of struggle. She has helped her students develop a love of reading by being flexible with their book choices, guiding them in books about some of their passions. For instance, my son loves sports and she has him reading biographies about Steve Young.
But the most important thing Mrs. R does for her class is love them. Their class has had a rough year this year with a death of one of the student’s parents. Mrs. R has stepped in and taken this little girl by the hand and loved her to death. She has taken her to some extra school activities and has involved many others in the healing process for this little girl. With my own son personally, who has been struggling with a personal family issue, she has cared for him by arranging special things for him to help out in the classroom. She has even involved other teachers to help my son feel more accepted and good about himself. I can’t express the lengths of care and concern this teacher has shown for this class. There is a little boy in this class that really struggles and he has moved schools because other teachers haven’t worked well with him. She didn’t give up and this boy has made leaps and bounds of progress.
I know of no one who is more suited to receive this honor and hope that her nomination is accepted.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City