Courtney-Lynn Smithson, Ridge View Elementary
“Courtney has proven to be one of the best teachers I have ever worked with. I am a mom of three and my oldest is 12. Courtney is my 9 year old’s current teacher at Ridge View Elementary here in Herriman, Utah. Over the last year, I have seen Courtney not only teach her students the standard curriculum but also; respect, kindness, work ethic, financial responsibility, and many other characteristics and skills they will need in life to grow into amazing contributing members of society. Courtney works 24/7. I guarantee she is working while sleeping, if she gets any sleep. She is a teacher, mom, and student as well. She is up at the crack of dawn and I guarantee up until the late of night. She puts 110% into everything she does.
I remember meeting Courtney for the first time at Back to School Night and one of her students from a previous year had to run into her classroom to say hello. That student was soon followed by their parent who had to see Courtney. Everyone loved her. I saw first hand the impression she leaves.
Courtney deserves more than just this recognition. But, I hope she knows how many people in our community love and appreciate her.”
Nominated by Caroline Brooks.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Former Unified police chief discusses how police respond to copycat situations
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Ogden High School community reacts to active shooter hoax
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Where to get your free sandbags to help mitigate flooding
- Utah’s online marriage licensing gets attention all over the world