Courtney-Lynn Smithson, Ridge View Elementary
“Courtney has proven to be one of the best teachers I have ever worked with. I am a mom of three and my oldest is 12. Courtney is my 9 year old’s current teacher at Ridge View Elementary here in Herriman, Utah. Over the last year, I have seen Courtney not only teach her students the standard curriculum but also; respect, kindness, work ethic, financial responsibility, and many other characteristics and skills they will need in life to grow into amazing contributing members of society. Courtney works 24/7. I guarantee she is working while sleeping, if she gets any sleep. She is a teacher, mom, and student as well. She is up at the crack of dawn and I guarantee up until the late of night. She puts 110% into everything she does.
I remember meeting Courtney for the first time at Back to School Night and one of her students from a previous year had to run into her classroom to say hello. That student was soon followed by their parent who had to see Courtney. Everyone loved her. I saw first hand the impression she leaves.
Courtney deserves more than just this recognition. But, I hope she knows how many people in our community love and appreciate her.”
Nominated by Caroline Brooks.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Update: 5-year-old still in critical condition after being hit by truck while riding balance bike
- A kidnapped family of 4 has been found dead in California, authorities say
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- Voters could see an increase in police presence at the polls
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Church leader speaks of caring for the earth at Why It Matters conference
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces