Denise Abbott, Timpview High School
The following was submitted by Beverly Watkins.
“I feel that my life has been greatly blessed by this beautiful woman. We have been associated for the past 30 years as Health Science teachers in the HOSA organization. (Health Occupations Students of America)
Denise is the State of Utah HOSA advisor responsible for over 5,000 students, which, is a full time job in itself, and she teaches about 36 students per class. She also is a mother of four and wife of a bishop. This woman never sleeps and gives more than 100% to teaching every day.
She is so professional and has a great creative way of teaching focus learning labs, dissections, etc.
She expects a great deal from each student and gets the results back she asks for. Most of her students have on to obtain a medical degree of some kind. She gives up her lunch hour to have study hour as well as before and after school.
When we go to the National competitions her students place very high in winning medals and special awards.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Missing girls from South Jordan found near San Diego
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- Anonymous man pays 12-person dinner bill at Bandit’s Grill and Bar