Denise Abbott, Timpview High School
The following was submitted by Beverly Watkins.
“I feel that my life has been greatly blessed by this beautiful woman. We have been associated for the past 30 years as Health Science teachers in the HOSA organization. (Health Occupations Students of America)
Denise is the State of Utah HOSA advisor responsible for over 5,000 students, which, is a full time job in itself, and she teaches about 36 students per class. She also is a mother of four and wife of a bishop. This woman never sleeps and gives more than 100% to teaching every day.
She is so professional and has a great creative way of teaching focus learning labs, dissections, etc.
She expects a great deal from each student and gets the results back she asks for. Most of her students have on to obtain a medical degree of some kind. She gives up her lunch hour to have study hour as well as before and after school.
When we go to the National competitions her students place very high in winning medals and special awards.”
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Members of the council explain the Salt Lake County library tax
- Shortage of baby formula continues to worry parents