Ellen Sabo – Rose Creek Elementary
I have a son named Preston, up until last year we were told that Preston has asbergers syndrome. Things with Preston have been challenging. He was going to a daycare center for over a year that abused him. So that on top of the illness that we though he had made going to school a VERY scary & challenging thing for him. Preston is very shy and he has always kept to himself. It is very hard to introduce him to new people, it’s again scary and challenging for him. He has always had problems in social settings and making friends. Preston stuggled all through is kintergarten year last year, he was VERY nervous to go back to school after the summer…. and then we met this ANGEL sent from heaven “Ms. Ellen Sabo” WOW…. there are not enough kind words to say about this woman. She has given me my son back!!!! I write the rest of this letter through my tears… Ms. Sabo is the topic of almost every conversation that Preston holds, he is so excited to go to school everyday, & because of her kind heart and patients with my son along with some help from the teachers who help with his IEP Preston is excelling is school and learning things faster than I have ever seen him do. Ms. Sabo has lit a fire in my little boys eyes, something that just makes him glow!! She is even the reason I can get him to eat his dinner at night, I always say things like “well, I bet Ms. Sabo would be so proud of you if you ate all your dinner!”
Seriously I know that every person can recall at least one teacher that they had in school along the way that touched them in one way or another, Ms. Sabo is definitly going to be the teacher that Preston remembers the rest of his life. I could never say anything that would amount to the appreciation I have in my heart for this magnificant teacher. She truely has brought new meaning to Preston’s life, and she has helped him see that the world really isn’t as sacry as he thought.
Please nomiate this amazing woman so that she may be recognized to all for the impact that her teaching, caring and compassion has and will continue to make on her students.
Heather J. Leyva
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says