Emily Hirschfeld – USU Up to 3 Early Intervention Program
I am Emily’s husband, but am nominating my wife because her students would have been too young to nominate her. Emily taught children from 2 and a half to 3 years old who were in some way delayed physically or developmentally. She helped some kids take their first steps and some say their first words.
One thing that makes Emily special is that she herself has a handicap that several of her kids had. She has Cerebral Palsy and had never let her disability get in her way. She had one student who had the same disability in the same way, worked with him since birth in home visits before she taught him in the classroom.
My wife quit teaching when our son was born. He was born 10 weeks early, so her experiences with her kids helped her to be a good mother as well.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Skier found dead at Deer Valley ski resort
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk