Jackie Kegel – Monte Vista Elementary
During the last 7 years (including kindergarten) I have been going to Monte Vista Elementary School. I would like to nominate Jackie Kegel, for your Teacher Feature award. She teaches 3rd grade. While you read this you will read about why I like her, fun things she did with us, and she still remembers me.
Why I like Ms. Kegel is how she taught. She always would teach you the lesson and if you still never understood, she would work with you one on one. She was always patient if we never got it, and would always teach us other ways to do it.
Ms. Kegel would do a lot of fun things with us. She did this thing where everyone agreed on a party they wanted to do. Some were “Surprise Party” that’s when she chose the kind of party and it would be a surprise to us. How we earned it was if we were quiet or being good we would earn a letter and when we earned all the letters to the Surprise Party we would get to have the party.
Whenever I see Ms. Kegel she always says, “hi” to me and ask how I’m doing. She always brightens up my day! I hope I do that to her too! I gave her this clock and she still has it and she said, “It reminds her of me.” That is why I like Ms. Kegel, because she worked with you and gave you different ways for you to figure out the problems. She let us do fun parties if we earned them. I love how she brightens up my day when I see her, and she still remembers me.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Democratic Sen. Warnock wins Georgia runoff against Walker