Jennifer Scott – Aneth Community School Southeastern Utah
I would like to nominate Jennifer Scott, Kindergarten teacher as a “Teacher Feature”. Jennifer has been at Aneth Community School for at least 10 years now, she started her work as a residential aide, become a paraprofessional left the school to obtain her teaching credential from Haskell Indian University. She was involved with Indian Education in various levels as a residential helper, paraprofessional and now a teacher.
What’s unique about Jennifer Scott is that she holds her kindergarten students to the highest achievement level and her students’ benchmark every year in pre-literacy and early math readiness skills in kindergarten. Some of our students come from tough home situations; poverty, child neglect in various forms, single parenting, and much more, Mrs. Scott acknowledges what’s happening in the home and does her best to work with her students when they are present in her class. The routines and class procedures she has in place is the best I have seen as an instructional leader.
In addition Mrs. Scott has been involved in volunteering on having her kindergarten girls try out of cheerleading. These students who are part of her cheerleading squad cheer the basketball teams and perform at community functions. I wanted to nominate Mrs. Jennifer Scott as a feature teacher to thank her for all the work and dedication she gives to her profession day in and day out.
–Brenda Whitehorse, Principal
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Another Utah snowstorm has us asking, what is a snow squall?
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Spring running late, another snowy morning commute is predicted
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day