Jonathon Hsu, Granger High School
Mar 28, 2023, 11:25 AM | Updated: Mar 30, 2023, 12:23 pm
“Mr. Hsu is a great teacher. He has taught advanced math to two of my children. He goes the extra mile to be sure his students understand college level concepts. He cares for each of them and motivates them in a way that helps them feel like they can achieve their goals. He always tries to help the students understand what he is teaching instead of just lecturing and leaving them to their own devices. He shows practical every day application of abstract concepts. From my son, a senior taking AP Statistics from Mr. Hsu, “Our class all struggled with probabilities, and he continued to break it down, giving the class more ways to understand and explaining the concepts further to individuals who still couldn’t figure it out. He adapted the AP coursework to our personal needs while still being sure we were prepared to take the test.” This means that he took the time to teach extra lessons, not just the initial ones he prepared for the class. He really pays attention to each individual. Because he is so patient with each learner, they have light bulb moments all the time. This intrinsic motivation helps students recognize the value of learning and develop a desire to continue learning, a lifelong skill.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal