Karla Kennedy, Bonneville Elementary, Orem Utah
Karla Kennedy is my sister and best friend. She is a 2nd grade teacher at Bonneville Elementary, in Orem Utah. Through her 27 years of teaching she has helped fix speech impediments, raised kids reading level multiple levels bringing them up to grand level, and helped them to understand new math, which I don’t even understand. She makes sure every child feels special and gets the attention they need.
She is bilingual. And with her ESL certification, she can better attend to her Spanish speaking students. She advocates and mediates for her fellow teachers with her position on the Alpine Educators Association. She is one of the smartest people I know. That knowledge she bestows on her students. She makes sure no student is left behind. What an amazing legacy she will leave in every student’s life she has touched.
Nominated by Rachel Bezzant
Nominate your teaching hero! Click here to submit your nomination
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips