Karla Kennedy, Bonneville Elementary, Orem Utah
Karla Kennedy is my sister and best friend. She is a 2nd grade teacher at Bonneville Elementary, in Orem Utah. Through her 27 years of teaching she has helped fix speech impediments, raised kids reading level multiple levels bringing them up to grand level, and helped them to understand new math, which I don’t even understand. She makes sure every child feels special and gets the attention they need.
She is bilingual. And with her ESL certification, she can better attend to her Spanish speaking students. She advocates and mediates for her fellow teachers with her position on the Alpine Educators Association. She is one of the smartest people I know. That knowledge she bestows on her students. She makes sure no student is left behind. What an amazing legacy she will leave in every student’s life she has touched.
Nominated by Rachel Bezzant
Nominate your teaching hero! Click here to submit your nomination
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Storms blast southern Utah, flash flooding possible
- Saturday crash killed father and 2-year-old son
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- SLCPD investigating reported sexual assault at frat house near University of Utah
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead