Karyn Bernier – West Haven Elementary
Mrs. Bernier has turned the world around for my second grader, Keegan! Keegan has not enjoyed school since the day I put him on the bus as a three-year-old special education student. This year that all changed for Keegan; he loves school and can’t wait for every morning when a new school day begins!
Mrs. Bernier is Keegan’s regular education teacher. I credit her with his newly found positive attitude about school and the massive leaps and bounds that he’s made in just a few months! Her patience is amazing and her kindness and love outstanding! She is very organized and professional and has the ability to know exactly the level and amount of work to give her students. She knows just when to challenge them and when to let them soar on their own. I am so grateful to her every morning as Keegan runs off to class happy and excited for the day ahead. Nothing makes me happier than knowing he has a positive attitude about school and learning, and it is all thanks to Mrs. Bernier!
I hope you will seriously consider Mrs. Bernier for your Teacher Feature award. She has truly changed the life of this family, particularly our little boy, by just being who she is as a person and a teacher. Truly an inspiration and example of how a teacher makes a difference in small and simple ways. Mrs. Bernier is certainly one in a million!
Today’s Top Stories
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigns after mutiny in his party
- Polarization is behind US mass shootings, says psychiatrist
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Two children hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in South Jordan
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade