Kathy Waddell – Bluffdale Elementary School
I would like to recommend Kathy Waddell as a teacher to be featured.
Ms. Kathy Waddell is in her final year of teaching at Bluffdale Elementary, thus completing a 36-year career. She has dedicated her life to education and found great joy in the kids that she has taught. After all of these many years of teaching, Miss Waddell never tires of trying new things and is a lifetime learner herself. She has a deep intuition of what kids need and doesn’t move off a subject until she feels they understand the concept, even if it requires one-on-one tutoring.
Last year she got cancer –after that was treated she shattered her heel a month later, yet despite all of this she came back and continued teaching her class using a scooter. The smile on her face never faded. Kathy cares about forming a relationship with each child and the love she extends bonds the students to her. She rarely has any discipline problems.
My daughter was in her 2nd grade class and even though she is now in high school she still considers Miss Waddell her favorite teacher. Miss Waddell never minds when students call her “Teacher,” for she feels that is the highest honor. Thank you Kathy Waddell -you’ve made a difference in the lives of over 900 kids!! We will miss you.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man