Keriann Moore- Doxey Elementary
The following was submitted by Dan Nelaon.
“I don’t know if she would qualify since she is the school secretary, but I am trying anyway. Mrs. Moore has been pivotal in my child’s success this year. Last Christmas (2016) our 6 year old was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.
Since that time, Mrs. Moore has ensured that my son is following his medical plan. She helps him test every day, and has educated herself on how to help him test and give himself insulin. She also notifies us as parents daily, what his results were so that we know how he is doing. Knowing that she is there for him has given us as parents, great peace of mind.
I feel that if not for Mrs. Moore’s willingness to help my son through this process, his ability to focus on learning, instead of his disease, could not have happened.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Time Out on the Field
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’