Kristen Jarman, Hayden Peak Elementary School
Ms. Jarman is my daughters second grade teacher at Hayden Peak. There has yet to be a day during this entire year that she has not come home from school praising Ms. Jarman. When I ask her, what makes Ms. Jarman so special, her reply is “everything”. More specifically, she creates a culture where everyone in her class participates, she gets each student involved in the process of learning and makes it fun! Fun? School? to an eight-year-old girl that would rather be outside doing anything else? My daughter tells me of the hands-on activities and varied curriculum presented to them in class when everyone laughs and learns. She tells me that Ms. Jarman is always energetic and in a good mood, but most of all that she cares about all the children in her classroom, they speak of her as a precious friend.
On occasion, I have had the opportunity to walk my daughter to school. On those days Ms. Jarman has never failed to be outside with her students, talking to them, watching them, and guarding them. The children often surround her because they know she loves them. They recognize the fact that they can count on her and that she is always there when they need her, they know they are safe. As a parent, I leave the school campus knowing that my daughter is in good hands!! What a great way to start the day!!!
Throughout her long-standing teaching career, I truly believe that Ms. Jarman has made a unique and lasting impression on numerous children as well, I’m confident others would agree. I highly recommend Ms. Jarman for this award because she is a one of a kind. The kind that is there for the kids!!!
Today’s Top Stories
- UTA releases video of the moments before woman was hit by FrontRunner
- Family of Gabby Petito announces intent to file lawsuit against Moab Police
- Layton Police still searching for teenager missing from treatment center
- FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says
- Utah’s senators react to passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dies of breast cancer at 73
- Police release video of Provo MTC shooting, hope for more information
- Nine years later: the Susan Powell case revisited
- Police looking for driver that caused hit and run, gas leak on Redwood Road