Laurel Kwak – Providence Hall Elementary School
As a certified technical trainer and executive business coach, I have experienced my fair share of good and poor when it comes to education, training, and coaching. Please allow me to take a moment and share my thoughts regarding Laurel Kwak. For the first time in any of my four children’s elementary education, I can finally say I have met a teacher that has exceeded my every expectation. My son Justin was apprehensive about starting school and has been diagnosed as mild on the autism scale.
Ms. Kwak not only took the time to make Justin feel comfortable, she also helped him excel in reading, English, spelling, math, and social interaction. Through the passion she exudes for her job my son has learned about discipline, respect, kindness, fairness, equality, and trust. She has taken the class to far away places using their imagination, allowed the kids to explore the world of reading at a level that felt comfortable for them, and has personally shown each child the love and attention they deserve early in their schooling.
Her classroom is always bustling with activity and the children just love her immersive teaching techniques. I was personally assisting in the classroom as the children played fun memory games to learn all about the continents, where they are located, animals associated with each, and major landmarks! Mind you this was in a kindergarten classroom setting!
As a result of Ms Kwak’s explicit appreciation for arts, education, and passion for each child to excel, my son has been personally touched and could hardly wait to have Ms. Kwak as his teacher again next year. My wife and I dearly wish this could be the case as by far and bar none, Laurel Kwak is the greatest teacher we have ever encountered.
Her countless hours of preparation shine through in her polished lesson plan and her home bound communication with the parents was nothing less than exceptional. It will be a bittersweet day to see my son leave kindergarten, but I can have him hold his head up high knowing that Ms. Kwak truly made a difference and provided him with everything he needs to be prepared for his upcoming years of education.
-V. Lee Henson
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Utah Rep. Mia Love pushes for compromise bill on immigration
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years in prison
- State elections leaders dismiss state lawmakers claims of vote switching