“This outstanding lady drives almost an hour every day to reach her school located on the Ute reservation in Fort Duchesne, Utah. As a young boy until now (in my early 20’s), I have never heard Lora complain about the distance it takes her to drive to her work. Rain or snow, she remains a positivist and focuses on having a bright outlook on life rather a bad one.
She has often explained to her kids the wonderful students she has had in her English classes and the accomplishments her school has made! She loves her students and her school! She does not consider herself to be the best teacher. Rather, she is constantly thinking of what to improve about herself and her teaching style. Often-a-times, she would have her kids read the stories she was going to share with her class to know if it would be a success in her class among her students.
She is a single mother and has raised four children who in my humble opinion, are great kids. She is loved by her school and neighbors. She is a great person and deserves a nomination like this.”
Submitted by: Tyler Evans
Submit your teaching hero! Click here to submit your teacher
Today’s Top Stories
- Verdict is in: Chauvin guilty of George Floyd’s death
- Opinion: A Former Coachman’s Waitress Says Farewell
- Dr. Angela Dunn to leave state health department for Salt Lake County
- More than 500k Utahns qualify for ‘zero-dollar,’ lower premium health care plans
- Utah State University football player faces 8 charges, including rape
- Do You Suffer From Intimacy Pain, Pressure, or Leaking? Here Are 7 Ways You Can Get Relief…
- Pandemic child abuse reports down, but Utah cases did not go away
- Face masks required in Utah national parks, but not in all gateway cities
- Dogecoin jumps 20% as crypto fans declare Doge Day
- What is an accessory dwelling unit? How ADU’s can help your finances, future, and your…