Loralee Evans, Uintah River High School
“This outstanding lady drives almost an hour every day to reach her school located on the Ute reservation in Fort Duchesne, Utah. As a young boy until now (in my early 20’s), I have never heard Lora complain about the distance it takes her to drive to her work. Rain or snow, she remains a positivist and focuses on having a bright outlook on life rather a bad one.
She has often explained to her kids the wonderful students she has had in her English classes and the accomplishments her school has made! She loves her students and her school! She does not consider herself to be the best teacher. Rather, she is constantly thinking of what to improve about herself and her teaching style. Often-a-times, she would have her kids read the stories she was going to share with her class to know if it would be a success in her class among her students.
She is a single mother and has raised four children who in my humble opinion, are great kids. She is loved by her school and neighbors. She is a great person and deserves a nomination like this.”
Submitted by: Tyler Evans
Submit your teaching hero! Click here to submit your teacher
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury