Lynette Gittens, Athlos Academy of Utah in Herriman
The following was submitted by Shana Ashby.
“Mrs. Gittins is a wonderful teacher. She takes the time to get to know her students and work with their unique quirks and learning needs.
My son is a pretty distracted and emotional kid. He has always felt loved by her despite his difficult days. She encourages him, praises him, and doesn’t put him down.
During parent teacher conferences I have always felt like they were pointless with previous teachers; where as, with Mrs. Gittins I have felt very supported. She has had very useful ideas for us to do at home and working together to help my son succeed and since implementing them he has grown exponentially.
I appreciate knowing that my son is spending the majority of his day with someone who is treating him well and cares both for his academic and emotional needs.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend