Marc Daniels, Weber High School
“Theatre Performing arts is ridiculously difficult to teach in the pandemic, soft closures, quarantines galore; Mr. Daniels has brilliantly chosen plays for the auditioned repertory company which consists of acts that stand alone so that the show can go on no matter if one act gets sick and has to bail out. In one incident this year, the administration of the school sought to put all of the theater students in quarantine, but thanks to Mr. Daniels meticulous records, he was able to prove that his students were not exposed to an infected COVID-19 case. He fought for the student’s right to be in school and won.
Students know he cares about them, expects perfection while embracing mistakes, accepts they have the ability to improve and goes above and beyond duty to show it. Mr. Daniels is the best-kept secret in UT.”
Submitted by: Carolyn Burggraaf
Submit your teaching hero! Click here to submit your teacher
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- Lawyer releases pages from Brian Laundrie’s notebook in which he admits to killing…