Michelle Lindsey, Blackridge Elementary
Mrs. Lindsey has taught fifth grade at Blackridge Elementary for the first five years the school was opened. For the last three years she has taught first grade. While at Blackridge Elementary she was Outstanding Teach of the Year in Fifth grade after three years teaching at this school. Mrs. Lindsey puts her whole heart and soul in to teaching these children in Herriman. Also, while teaching fifth grade previously at Herriman Elementary she also was awarded Outstanding Teacher of the Year, she taught at Herriman Elementary the first 17 years this school was opened. Mrs. Lindsey also was awarded History Teacher of the Year while teaching 5th grade at Herriman Elementary school. Mrs. Lindsey truly loves teaching her students and helping them reach their goals and become the best they can be.
Both at Herriman Elementary and Blackridge Elementary she has mentored and helped many new first year teachers make the transition into becoming the best teachers they are capable of becoming. Year after year parents both at Herriman Elementary and Blackridge Elementary continue to request Mrs. Lindsey teach all of their other children after having experienced their first child being taught by her. Years late after they have gone to college, married, served missions for their church they continue to reach out to her and tell her that because she made such a strong impact on their learning that a number of her former students have gone in to the teaching profession.
I personally know the reason Mrs. Lindsey has been so successful as a teacher is she truly loves and cares so much for each and every student and wants to make a difference in their lives. It’s because of teachers like Mrs. Lindsey that so many of children develop a real love and desire to learn, grow and develop to become our future leaders in business, government, education and most importantly great parents some day that will have a real impact on their own children’s desire to obtain their education and make a difference in the world we live in today. Our love, gratitude and thanks goes to Mrs. Michelle Lindsey, a true hero in loving, motivating and desiring to help make the world a better place to live on child at a time.
Today’s Top Stories
- Suspect’s parents charged in Michigan school shooting
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Omicron variant of COVID-19 detected in first Utah patient
- Laie Hawaii Mission announced by Church leadership
- Burger King is returning the Whopper to its original price
- New US travel rules: What you need to know about the changes prompted by Omicron
- Utah, Utah State to play in conference title games this weekend
- Not every wildlife sighting needs reporting, experts say
- Charges weighed for Michigan shooting suspect’s parents
- Doctors find autism rates among Utah children higher than previously thought