Michelle Smith- Box Elder High School
The following was submitted by Braquel Brinkerhoff.
“Michelle started teaching Financial Literacy with me three years ago. I can honestly say that because of her I am still a teacher to this day. She has always been there for me when I needed to vent about a rough day at work, had an computer question that I couldn’t figure out, and help me succeed in every facet of my life even when she had her own full plate of assignments. What really makes Michelle an outstanding teacher is that I noticed she does this not only for me, but for all of her students as well. Michelle is a go-to teacher for help from the students and her room is a safe place for all those that enter.
Michelle pushes her students to succeed. She has spent many late nights at her school preparing for her lessons so that her students could benefit and get what they needed to from it. She seeks out other resources to use in the classroom and quickly shares with others in the district that also teach Financial Literacy.
Leaving a better paying job to become a teacher is uncommon and that is exactly what Michelle has done. It is clear that our district is better off having Michelle in it! She is an amazing friend, teacher, and colleague.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Russian missiles hit Kyiv as G7 summit begins in Europe
- Planned Parenthood of Utah files lawsuit against the state
- More than 700 flights canceled Sunday
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Family loses everything to motorhome explosion