Monica Distefano – Springville Junior High School
I am an educator and have been teaching in Utah County for the past 28 years. During this time I have met many different personalities and temperaments. I have had the pleasure of meeting an employee of Nebo School District that exemplifies what I know that Nebo Schools aim for: an employee who isn’t in their job just for the paycheck, but to truly make a difference in peoples’ lives-to help out wherever they can.
At this time I would like to recognize and extend a very heart-felt thank you to Mrs. Monica Distefano at Springville Junior High School. Mrs. Distefano is a counselor for the students and is one of the most pleasant people I have ever met. She is calming, knowledgeable and so very helpful to both students and parents.
I have both a son and a niece in the 9th grade at Springville Junior High and for the past three years, I have heard not only form them, but from all of their friends how much they adore Mrs. Distefano. The students always know that they can talk with her and get their problems or issues resolved. She is so approachable and willing at all times to help “Until we get it right.” She will work with your class schedule until you are completely satisfied ands she has valuable input. She never appears “put out” with your concerns and always greets everyone with a smile and with the kind of warmth that I wish everyone had!
With her inviting personality, Mrs. Diseafano has made our experience at Springville Junior High much less stressful than it otherwise could be. I wish she could hear all of the wonderful comments that I, as a parent hear from both the students and other parents. She is so sweet and kind and deserves any praise we could give her. She is a shining example of what I wish I could see more of in the education system and she needs to be recognized for her efforts. Nice does matter. Mrs. Distefano truly is remarkable and I want for her to have the chance to be recognized and to know and hear the great things others are saying about her.
Thank you so much.
–Michelle Hatch, 5th grade teacher at Wasatch Elementary
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police seeking help in locating missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers