Mr Kirk Reese, Orion Junior High
“Mr. Reese is an absolutely amazing teacher who creates a space that helps his students thrive. His classroom is a safe space for all. While he is a great teacher, I am constantly amazed by how much he does for the school and students in the community. He’s the Latinos in Action advisor and always has multiple service projects he is running at the same time. He’s teaching kids to be respectful of each other and mindful of the ways they can give back to their community. He is a great example of giving back without needing recognition or praise. He serves because he sees a need.
My daughter has had him 3 years in a row in different capacities and he is her favorite. He’s a great balance of humor and getting down to business. He’s always been someone who encourages her to be her best in all that she does. He’s great at giving her a hard time and making her laugh and offering advice and encouragement when she needs it. Orion is so lucky to have him on their staff but really the kids are the lucky ones. Plus, anyone who teaches 200+ teens every day deserves recognition in my opinion!”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial