Mrs. Brenda Daley – Lone Peak High School
Nominator: Timmie Lynn Webster
Lone Peak High School
The teacher that I would like to nominate is Brenda Daley of Lone Peak High School. She was my daughter, Kylie’s, teacher, and we will never be able to adequately thank her for all that she did in her behalf. My daughter has a disability that requires her to be in a wheelchair. She also has some learning disabilities that made school a struggle. We were actually told that she probably would never get a real diploma, and that we needed to be satisfied with a certificate of completion instead. However, my daughter was determined that no matter what she wanted to graduate from high school with a diploma like everyone else. She knew that in order to do that she would have to meet all the state requirements for graduation. Such an undertaking would never have been possible if it was not for Mrs. Daley. She worked tirelessly to help Kylie meet her educational goals, and more importantly instilled in Kylie a belief in herself and her abilities. She helped her fit in socially and always was there to offer support and guidance. Her love of teaching and of the students is demonstrated everyday in the dignity and respect that she affords all students, regardless of what difficulties they face. She is truly a gifted teacher who has the innate ability to help people reach within themselves and be the best that they can be. Well, the end of the story is that not only did my daughter graduate with a true diploma, but she is in her second year at Snow College where she currently has a 3.5 average. More than anyone else we credit Mrs. Daley for this. We recognize that such an accomplishment would never have been possible without all of her efforts.
We are eternally indebted to Mrs. Daley and want to express our deepest gratitude and acknowledgement for what she had done for our daughter as well as for so many other students. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mrs. Daley!!! You are without a doubt one of the finest teachers that we have ever experienced.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse